Open Ventilated Dry Type (OVDT) Vacuum Pressure Impregnated (VPI) Eco Friendly Transformers
KOTSONS was one of the first Indian manufacturer to use the DuPont ReliatraN® branded solution and develop Ventilated Dry Type Transformers in collaboration with E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, U.S.A.
KOTSONS Eco Friendly VP transformer coils are vacuum pressure impregnated in high temperature varnish. The process includes complete submersion in varnish under vacuum and pressure and regulated curing using PLC controlled equipment to ensure consistency. The finished coils are effectively protected against moisture, dirt, and most industrial contaminants. A 220°C Class NOMEX® Listed insulation system is used on KOTSONS OVDT VPI transformers regardless of specified temperature rating. This system accommodates a standard temperature rise of 155°C. Optional temperature rises of 90°C and 115°C and fan cooling allow for unsurpassed overload capacity.
Salient Features & Advantages of OVDT VPI Dry Transformers:
1. Excellent mechanical and short-circuit strength due to the VPI Process
2. No danger of fire or explosion. No liquids to leak hence no flammable liquid & no oil pollution
3. Less weight than comparable cast resin units
4. Low total ownership costs and low initial costs
5. Use of NOMEX® UL® Certified Insulation Materials, listed 220°C insulation system, regardless of temperature rating
6. VPI transformers are non-explosive with high resistance to flame and do not require vaults, containment dikes, or expensive fire suppression systems
7. Low Partial Discharge - VPI process ensures void free insulation system
8. Moisture Ingress Resistant & Immune to polluted atmosphere
9. Easy to repair (open coils) due to OVDT Design
10. Eco Friendly, No harm to environment at the end of Life